Open Twin Cities fosters an inclusive community of civic collaboration and champions open government and civic technology for positive social impact.
- To build a welcoming, representative community of technologists, public servants, and civic leaders.
- Ensure our forums are welcoming and accessible to everyone
- Ensure our community represents the Twin Cities community at large
- Establish relationships and knowledge sharing with the community of citizens and public, private, and non-profit organizations
- Promote constructive communication and collaboration within in our community.
- To innovate and experiment in civic technology
- Experiment in the creation and deployment of open data and civic technology
- Ensure longevity and maintenance of successful experiments in open data and technology
- To make data more open and raise awareness of the value of open data.
- Raise public awareness of open data sources in and about the Twin Cities
- Promote discussions of open data
- Increase accessibility of data in and about the Twin Cities
- To build civic technology that solves community needs.
- Build applications that serve the Twin Cities
- To educate ourselves and the public about the value and implementation of open data and civic technology.
- Educate the public and each other around civic technology
- Lead a public discussion on open data and civic technology