Hack for MN 2015
On June 6th, hackers around the country will gather to do good as they create good code. The National Day of Civic Hacking 2015 will bring together citizens, developers, designers plus government staff to collaboratively create build and invent.
Hack for Change, the White House sponsored national event uses publicy-release data, code and technology to solve challenges relevant to our naighborhoods, our cities, our states and our country.
In past events, seventy-seven cities across the US have participated. Two years ago at the Hack for MN event sponsored and held at DevJam Studios, OMGTransit went to the White House to present their app. This particular event say attendence from local, state and federal agencies. We look forward to their continued participation this year.
Doors Open at 9:00am
- David Hussman, Chief Scientist, DevJam Studios
- MN.IT Commissioner and State of MN CIO - Tom Baden
- MN.IT Chief Geospatial Information Officer - Dan Ross
10:30am?? Team Formation and Hacking
Noon: Lunch Provided by Studio 2
- MN DOT IT Architect Rick Meyer - “Building the API Manager”
5:00pm - Dinner provided by Studio 2
7:00pm - Happy Hour starts, sponsored by GovDelivery
7:30pm - Presentations start
8:30pm - Judges award prizes;
Closing remarks Senator Franken
- James Kauth, State of MN Innovation Officer
- Kelly Clausen, Principal Planning Analyst, Hennepin County Center of Innovation and Excellence (Geo:Code )
- more to come…
- Tom Baden, Commissioner of MN.IT, State of MN CIO
- Stacie Christensen, Director, Information Policy Analysis Division, MN Dept. of Administration
- Dan Ross, MN.IT Chief Geospatial Information Officer
- more to come…
Sponsors and Organizers
Special Thanks to Josh Kennedy for all his hard work on this! Thanks to our sponsors and organizers who helped make this happen!